Monday, January 17, 2011

Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation

This is a rich, creamy foundation. 
A little goes a long way. (I use a pea size to cover my entire face and neck area.)
It is very pigmented and covers sun spots and mild freckles. 

APPLICATION:
Can be worn as is or set with a powder. (I have used this foundation with MAC mineralize skin finish and it looks absolutely flawless.) I have found that using fingers is the best way to apply this foundation.
I have tried a standard paddle type foundation brush but the application is too heavy.
I have also tried using a MAC duo-fiber brush but the micro-exfoliation causes the skin produce more oils during the day. Which brings me to the next point.

This foundation is long-lasting (12+ hrs) and stays put- even without a face primer. However, I live in Hawaii and with the amount of heat and humidity we get, this foundation tends to oxidize quite a bit and at the end of the day, my skin sometimes looks a shade darker than normal and feels sticky in the T-Zone. 
I have used the foundation in Seattle and San Francisco during winter months with no problems. 

With some other foundations, slippage can be a problem (ex. after you rub your nose you find that you have a spot with no foundation on it) This is definitely NOT the problem with this foundation. This is probably one of the many reasons I truly like this product.

CONS
Scent- It does have a bit of a scent to it. (Isn't horrible, but it'd be good if it was unscented)
Price- It retails at Sephora and Amazon for about 42USD. Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation Cream Ivory. You can search the sidebar of this blog for deals on this product. deal



No comments:

Post a Comment